- I forgot my PIN (password).
- When I try to access my PNP Video, I get a message that my e-mail address and/or PIN (password) are not on file.
- The password and/or link I used last year to access my 2011 PNP Video is no longer working.
- When I try to access the PNP Website for my country, I get the PNP Website for another country. Why is that?
- Why is my webcam not recognized?
- When I will receive my super letter or any other physical PNP product purchased in the store?
- The camera does not respond to the icon on the back of the letter. What I should do?
- When will the video included with my interactive letter be available?
- I can’t make the interactive letter work. What should I do?
- Can I scan the face of another child at the same time?
- Can I use the interactive letter on my tablet or a smart phone?
- Where can I find my webcam properties?
Specifics for Mobiles
- Do you have a PNP mobile application?
- What is the iPNP Mobile application?
- Can I create PNP Videos from my Mobile iPNP application?
- What is the Radar and how can I use it?
- What is the Countdown and how can I use it?
- What is the Santa’s calls and how can I use it?
- How can I get this iPNP Mobile application?
General Technical Information
- How do I enable cookies in my browser?
- How can I clear my browser's cache?
- How can I clear my browser's cookies?
- How do I check and change my keyboard language setting?
- How do I check or download Macromedia Flash 10 free of charge?
- How do I download the latest versions of Internet browsers?
- How do I download Quick Time or Media Player?
- How can I check my spam / junk e-mail folder?
Security & Confidentiality
I forgot my PIN (password).
You can get a new PIN (Personal Identification Number) (or password) via the PNP Website. Here are the steps:
1. Go to the home page and click on "Log in" in the "Watch my video" box.
2. Click on the "Forgot my PIN code" link below the fields.
3. Enter your e-mail address.
The elves will send you an e-mail with your new PIN (password).
When I try to access my PNP Video, I get a message that my e-mail address and/or PIN (password) are not on file.
The PNP elves have determined that there may be one of two reasons:
1. Your e-mail address is incorrect:
a. Check to make sure your e-mail address is entered correctly (email@example.com).
b. Try a different e-mail address you might have used ... if you have a different one. c. Restart the initial process with the e-mail of your choice because there isn't any way that the elves can send you information about an e-mail address.
2. Your PIN code (password) is incorrect:
a. Check to make sure the Caps Lock on your keyboard is off.
b. Check to make sure the Num Lock on your keyboard is off.
c. Check your keyboard language setting. Make sure it is the one you usually use. d. If you forgot your password:
i. Go to the home page and click on \"Log in\" in the \"Watch my video\" box.
ii. Click on the \"Forgot my PIN code\" link below the fields.
iii. Enter your e-mail address.
The elves will send you an e-mail with your PIN (password).
If you're still having trouble signing in, please contact the PNP elves by clicking here.
The password and/or link I used last year to access my 2011 PNP Video is no longer working.
PNP Videos are not stored in the PNP files from one year to the next so the elves cannot retrieve them. If you wish to have it as a keepsake for years to come, you can download your 2011 PNP Video for a small fee. So let's go and create a new PNP Video now!
When I try to access the PNP Website for my country, I get the PNP Website for another country. Why is that?
The PNP elves have determined two possible reasons:
1. Our sites are geolocated per country, so you should access the PNP Website of your specific country. But if your Internet Service Provider (ISP) is located outside your country, your ISP location will determine which PNP Website you can access.
2. Your computer has a VPN (Virtual Private Network) configuration that is modifying your computer online region. Set it to \"Off\" or change its settings to make it correspond to your actual country.
If you're still having trouble, please contact the PNP elves by clicking here, making sure you describe what you have already done.
- Why can't I go to the next page when I'm filling in the form to create my PNP video?
- Why am I having trouble uploading a picture to the PNP form?
- What happens to the personal information, the created PNP videos and the pictures that I upload? How long will they be kept?
- Can I modify a video or order once it is completed?
Why can't I go to the next page when I'm filling in the form to create my PNP video?
Many possible reasons:
1. Your session may have expired. Just close and restart your browser.
4. If you're still having trouble, please contact the PNP elves by clicking here.
Why am I having trouble uploading a picture to the PNP form?
Please make sure you're using Flash 9 or 10 to access the PNP website.
To check or download Flash 10 free of charge, please click here.
Make sure you're using one of the formats accepted by PNP, i.e., JPEG, GIF and PNG. The size of your picture is also very important. Be sure you don't exceed the maximum size of 10 MB.
If you continue to have trouble, here are some steps you can take that will likely fix the problem:
1. Clear your cache. To find out how to clear your cache, please click here.
2. Clear your browser's cookies. To find out how to clear your cookies, please click here.
What happens to the personal information, the created PNP videos and the pictures that I upload? How long will they be kept?
Can I modify a video or order once it is completed?
Videos and orders can only be modified before the confirmation stage. Once the terms and conditions have been accepted and the transaction concluded, modifications can no longer be made to any information or pictures. You will have to make a new video or place a new order.
- Why isn't Santa pronouncing my child's name in the PNP Video?
- My PNP Video block or audio elements of Santa's voice are missing.
- The child's name at the beginning of the PNP Video is different from the one at the end.
- I'm not able to view my PNP Video from Santa Claus.
- Why am I having problems viewing the PNP Video?
- Why is the PNP website slow?
- Why doesn't my download play all the way through?
- My PNP Video was fine at the beginning, but technical difficulties developed after a few viewings.
- Why hasn't my PNP Video been delivered in mid-november?
- Do I have to buy the PNP Video?
- How can I buy my PNP Video?
- Can someone else other than the the original creator or recipient view or buy the PNP Video?
- How can I view my PNP Video in Full Screen mode?
- How can I view PNP Videos that friends have sent me?
- Is it possible to view PNP Videos after Christmas?
- Do I have to buy the PNP Video?
Why isn't Santa pronouncing my child's name in the PNP Video?
That may be because your child's name is rarer or has an unusual spelling;
but the name may also be pronounced the same way as another name on our list.
The PNP elves recommend that you enter your child's name with a more common spelling, e.g.,
with Isabel instead of Izabel, and listen to the different choices proposed by the PNP Website.
When you find the right pronunciation, be sure to put the proper written version of your child's
name afterwards because Santa will also display the name in his magical book.
So, don't forget that there's a distinction between "display" and "audio":
1. If your child's name is not displayed in the PNP Video:
a) You may have used special characters in the first form of the Video creation process that can't be displayed in the Magical Book (Arabic, Chinese or other characters).
b) Please check to make sure you wrote your child's name correctly in the first form.
2. If your child's name is not pronounced by Santa:
a) The main reason is that the name, as you wrote it in the first form of the Video creation process, does not exist in our files. So you can try a different, more common spelling (e.g., Anthony instead of Antony) or use language specific characters (e.g. " é " or " ë " ).
b) The gender (in our files) does not correspond to the name you entered.
3. If you're still experiencing trouble with your child's name, please contact the PNP elves by clicking here.
My PNP Video block or audio elements of Santa's voice are missing.
Please contact the PNP elves by clicking here, making sure you describe the problem and making sure you send them the unique URL link (that's the “address” at the top of your browser) for the PNP Video that has this problem.
The child's name at the beginning of the PNP Video is different from the one at the end.
This is very unusual. Please contact the PNP elves by clicking here, making sure you describe the problem and making sure you send them the unique URL link (that's the “address” at the top of your browser) for the PNP Video that has this problem.
I'm not able to view my PNP Video from Santa Claus.
1. You need Macromedia Flash Player version 9 or newer installation on your computer. To check your version or download the latest Flash version software free of charge, please click here.
2. Make sure you're using one of the supported Internet browsers (Microsoft Explorer 9 or newer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari) and make sure you have the latest version of that browser. To find out how to download them, please click here.
3. You may not be able to view your PNP Video during peak periods because of server overload. If that happens, please try again a little later. Considering that possibility, you may also wish to purchase a downloadable version of your PNP Video and avoid that problem.
4. If you are still having trouble, please contact the PNP elves by clicking here, making sure you describe the problem and making sure you send them the unique URL link (that's the “address” at the top of your browser) for the PNP Video that has this problem.
Why am I having problems viewing the PNP Video?
The PNP elves say that viewing a Video from our service is very simple; click on one of the view links sent to you and you should be able to see your Video or an error message about it.
Moreover, you can use your login (your e-mail address that you have entered) and the PIN (Personal Identification Number) that was supplied at the end of the PNP Video creation and in the e-mail that was sent to you. Enter this login and PIN in the appropriate fields in the home page of the PNP Website.
If you're unable to view your Video once you've received it and are unable to see the error, do the following checks:
1. You need full internet access to view our Videos. Not all computer systems can display our Videos. "E-mail only" services such as WebTV and some types of Juno/NetZero service may not be able to display PNP Videos.
2. Make sure you have Macromedia Flash Player version 9 or newer installed in your computer. To check your version or download the last Flash software free of charge, please click here.
3. Make sure you're using one of the supported Internet browsers (Microsoft Explorer 9 or newer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari) and make sure you have the latest version of that browser.
5. Make sure your browser’s Cache is cleared.
6. Your internet connection may be too slow; if that is the case, it may take a long time to view the PNP Video. It is strongly recommended to use a high speed internet connection.
7. Please ensure that your computer meets the following minimum requirements: a 1.5 GHz processor or higher (if you have a PC) or a G4 processor or higher (if you have a Mac) and 512 MB of RAM or more.
8. If you are still having trouble, please contact the PNP elves by clicking here, making sure you describe the problem and making sure you send them the unique URL link (that's the “address” at the top of your browser) for the PNP Video that has this problem.
Why is the PNP website slow?
Many possible reasons: 1. Check your internet connection or your computer. An internet connection may be slow for different reasons. Make sure the problem isn’t coming from your computer, modem, router or local network. 2. You are connected to a wireless network (Wi-Fi). To improve your connection speed, you can move your computer closer to the router or access point, to reduce physical obstructions between the access point and your computer. 3. The type of connection you are using. It is preferable to have a broadband internet connection to browse and watch videos on the PNP website. Check the speed of your connection by looking at other popular video sites such as YouTube to see whether the problem is your internet service provider. 4. Even though the PNP website uses a globally recognized server infrastructure, delays may occur during peak periods due to PNP website server overload. If this happens, please try again later. 5. If you are still having trouble, please contact the PNP elves by clicking here.
Why doesn't my download play all the way through?
If your download stops before it plays all the way through, the elves think you probably just need to re-download it (that is, do a refresh). If the problem continues, don't hesitate to contact the PNP elves by clicking here, making sure you describe the problem and making sure you send them the unique URL link (that's the “address” at the top of your browser) for the PNP Video that has this problem.
My PNP Video was fine at the beginning, but technical difficulties developed after a few viewings.
Please contact the PNP elves by clicking here, making sure you describe the problem and making sure you send them the unique URL link (that's the “address” at the top of your browser) for the PNP Video that has this problem.
Why hasn't my PNP Video been delivered in mid-november?
Our elves are happy to let you know that all emails containing direct links to premium PNP videos have now been sent. If you still haven't received yours, please check that a correct email address was provided to us and also check your junk mail (or spam) since your mailbox may have placed the PNP email there. To find out how to check your junk mail folder or bulk emails, please click here.
Do I have to buy the PNP Video?
Starting in November, PNP videos (except premium videos) are available online for free for a limited time during the holidays. You can view your video many times for free on the internet solely at the PNP website. If you want to keep it as a permanent keepsake, you can purchase and download it in high quality format to keep on your computer or another digital storage device. The premium version of your PNP video is available for purchase the entire PNP 2012 season. For more information about premium PNP videos, please visit the PNP store.
How can I buy my PNP Video?
You can take advantage of our premium PNP video offer and other offers that include a premium PNP video at the PNP web store. Choose the products you want in the store, follow the instructions to personalize them and then proceed with the purchase of your premium PNP video. At the end of the purchase process, you'll receive a purchase confirmation email. When your video becomes accessible, you will receive an exclusive link by email that will allow you to watch your video online.
Can someone else other than the the original creator or recipient view or buy the PNP Video?
ven though all PNP videos are strictly private due to the use of unique URL addresses that control access to creators and recipients identified in the personalization process, if you share the video link with others or display it elsewhere, anyone with access to the link will be able to view and/or purchase it.
How can I view my PNP Video in Full Screen mode?
For the online version on PNP Website; Use the appropriate green button in the video player (slide your computer arrow in the video player to find the green buttons).
For the download version; You can use most free players available on the internet to watch your video. To download Quick Time, please click here.
1. If you have a PC: choose “Display > Full Screen” or use the keyboard equivalent, Ctrl-F. Press on the “Escape” key to leave Full Screen mode.
2. If you have a Mac: choose “Display > Enter in Full Screen mode” or use the keyboard equivalent, Command-F. Press on the “Escape” key to leave Full Screen mode. We may also view Videos on the VLC Reader.
How can I view PNP Videos that friends have sent me?
Simply by clicking on the PNP Video's unique URL address that they sent you by e-mail or otherwise.
Is it possible to view PNP Videos after Christmas?
Video creation and their free viewing on PNP's Website will be possible during the holidays. The Premium video versions are available on-line until March 2013. After Christmas, It will not be possible to view a PNP Video that you haven't purchased. If you wish to keep it as a keepsake in your computer or other digital storage terminal, you may purchase it in High Quality by downloading it with the appropriate button at the end of the video.
Do I have to buy the PNP Video?
PNP Videos are available online for free for a limited time during the holidays. You have the chance to view it many times for free on the internet solely at PNP's Website. If you wish to keep it as an irreplaceable keepsake, you may purchase it and download it in High Quality for keeps by downloading it with the appropriate button at the end of the video.
- How can I share my PNP Video?
- How can I simply send a precise PNP Video to many persons?
- How can I make sure I receive a PNP Video in my e-mail or message box?
- How can I display a PNP Video on YouTube?
- I posted my PNP Video on Facebook - where is it?
- How can I share a PNP Video on Twitter?
- Why did the person to whom I sent the PNP Video not receive it?
How can I share my PNP Video?
You can display your PNP Video, i.e. its unique URL link (that's the “address” at the top of your browser) on different platforms like a blog, a Website, by e-mail or on a social media site. You may also simply provide your recipients' e-mail addresses on PNP's Website send list when you create your Video and the elves will send them a copy directly.
How can I simply send a precise PNP Video to many persons?
You can send your PNP Video to as many people as you want in one mailing by simply sending them the e-mail with the unique URL Video link (that's the “address” at the top of your browser) that you received from PNP.
How can I make sure I receive a PNP Video in my e-mail or message box?
Make sure you check your Spam folders; your PNP Video may be there. If that's the case, you must pick up PNP's e-mail address from your Spam folder and add it to your Contacts or white list. To find out how to check your Spam folder or your Bulk e-mail folder, please here.
How can I display a PNP Video on YouTube?
To download a PNP Video, you must first buy it (buy a High Quality downloadable version).
To share your unique URL Video link, go to YouTube (www.youtube.com) and follow instructions. You must first create a YouTube account. Sharing Videos on YouTube is quick and very easy.
I posted my PNP Video on Facebook - where is it?
Videos posted (the unique link of the Video, actually) on Facebook will, at this time, show up in the "Wall" portion of your profile as a "Posted Item". Please check your News Feed if you recently posted your Video on your profile page. Please note that, at that moment, your PNP Video is no longer confidential and everyone may transfer your PNP Video links.
How can I share a PNP Video on Twitter?
To share your unique URL Video link, you can use the Twitter button at the end of the PNP video or go to Twitter (www.twitter.com ) and follow instructions. You must first create a Twitter account. Sharing Videos on Twitter is quick and very easy.
Why did the person to whom I sent the PNP Video not receive it?
The PNP elves are taking for granted that you supplied your recipient's e-mail on PNP's Website at the end of the Video you created. This problem often turns out being a keyboard error when entering your recipient's e-mail. Please check your recipient's e-mail address. However, if you think that your recipient's e-mail was correctly entered, this situation may possibly be linked to a connection problem when you validated the Video or:
1. The Video may have been considered Spam or Bulk e-mail by your recipients' e-mail system.
2. Ask your recipients to check their Spam folder.
3. Ask them to add PNP's e-mail address to their list of authorized senders.
As the PNP Video creator, you must also have entered your e-mail address and have received the PNP Video by e-mail. You can therefore forward them your e-mail yourself.
Another method is to take the PIN and “Login” that the PNP Website supplied you with at the end of the Video creation and send them to your recipients. From the PNP Website's Home page, they'll be able to enter this information and get the PNP Video.
- What are the advantages of downloading my PNP Video?
- When will my PNP Video download be ready?
- What is the format, resolution and size of the downloaded PNP Videos?
- How can I download a PNP Video to my computer?
- Where was my PNP Video downloaded?
- Can I download again a PNP Video I have already purchased?
- How can I transfer the PNP Video I bought to my iPod or iPhone?
What are the advantages of downloading my PNP Video?
PNP Video downloads enable you to keep High Quality digital copies of the Video on your computer. For example, you can then:
1. View your PNP Video offline, without an Internet connection
2. Burn it on a DVD or save it on a USB key
3. Transfer it on a Mobile or iPod
4. Share it on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and other media, depending on your taste
5. View it in wide format on your TV
Most users want to download their PNP Video so they can view it even when they don't have an Internet connection. Most importantly, though, is that this Video will remain yours forever as an irreplaceable Christmas keepsake.
When will my PNP Video download be ready?
PNP Videos must be converted to a new format before being ready for download. This process can take between 7 minutes and 5 hours. Please note that you will initially receive an e-mail confirming that we have received your order.
Then you'll receive an e-mail at the address you gave us as soon as your Video is ready for download.
What is the format, resolution and size of the downloaded PNP Videos?
PNP Video downloads are available in High Quality (HQ) MP4 format. This format is compatible with Mac as well as Windows and with many mobile devices like iPhones, iPads and Androids. To view your PNP Video, you can use almost any free players available on the internet to watch your video, we recommend QuickTime. Be aware that some players may not be supported.
How can I download a PNP Video to my computer?
It's very easy. All you need to do is click on the download link that you'll find in the second e-mail sent to you following the one confirming your purchase. The PNP Video should download on your computer according to your browser's settings.
Where was my PNP Video downloaded?
The folder where your PNP Video was downloaded depends on your browser's settings. If the path wasn't specified, the Video usually downloads on the desktop (Mac OS), in your “Download” Directory of your user's account (Windows Vista or 7) or in “My Received Files” in “My Documents” (Windows XP).
Can I download again a PNP Video I have already purchased?
If you are experiencing problems downloading your PNP Video, you may try a few more times by again clicking on the unique URL link you received by e-mail. Otherwise, please contact the PNP elves by clicking here.
How can I transfer the PNP Video I bought to my iPod or iPhone?
Your PNP Video download is available in a MP4 format to facilitate transfer to your iPod, iPad or iPhone. Once the MP4 folder is downloaded on your Desktop, you can move it to your iTunes:
1. Open iTunes.
2. Click on “Files” then on “Add the File to the Library”.
3. Find and choose the Video file then click on the “Open” button.
4. Your movie will then be added and you will be able to find it in the “Movies” section of your “Library”.
Please note that you can also get the iPNP mobile application in Apple's appstore so you can create and view PNP Premium Videos on your Mobile.
Can I see my book, letter or other product before purchasing it?
While we cannot show you the exact rendition of your products online yet, we provide online versions of typical personalized products to help you visualize your own personalized versions.
Are your personalized books available in other languages?
Our personalized products are available in English and French. If you would like to browse or purchase our French products, please visit the French version of our site by clicking here. If you would like to browse or purchase our English products, please visit the English version of our site by clicking here
How do you add my child’s picture and information to the personalized products?
We personalize these products with the information that you provide in the forms in the online store or in your PNP video form. You are then given the chance to confirm all the information before going ahead and making your purchase. If you have already completed a form for a free PNP video and you want to change any information (for example, a picture) before ordering the product, just take a few minutes and create another free PNP video with the new information and continue the purchase process.
Can I make more than one child the central character in the story?
Since this is a personalized product, there cannot be more than one central character for the PNP Santa Claus story.
What is the book's storyline?
The storyline of the book is inspired by Santa and the Elves choosing nice or naughty children. For more information, you can read the demo version of the book on the corresponding product page.
Why is my webcam not recognized?
Your webcam might not be recognized for different reasons: - It may not be plugged in. Refer to the manufacturer’s manual to find out how to plug it in correctly. - It may be plugged in incorrectly. Refer to the manufacturer’s manual to find out how to plug it in correctly. - It may be broken. In that case, you need to get a new one. - The drivers may not be installed. Refer to the manufacturer’s manual to find out how to locate and install them. - The drivers may be installed incorrectly. Refer to the manufacturer’s manual to find out how to locate, install or re-install them. - It may be being used by another application. Close this application and reload the page. - You may not have a webcam. In this case, you need to get one. Try other sites or tools that you usually use with your webcam (e.g., Skype) to check that it is working properly.
When I will receive my super letter or any other physical PNP product purchased in the store?
Depending on the delivery service you choose and your shipping address, delivery time is usually between two and three weeks from the date of your order. If the shipping time is exceeded, our PNP elves will locate your order for you. You can contact us by clicking here. Make sure to provide us with the confirmation number and other information found in your email order confirmation.
The camera does not respond to the icon on the back of the letter. What I should do?
- Make sure that your camera is plugged in and working. You can check this by looking at the image captured by the camera. If it shows what is in front of the camera and the image changes when you move the object in front of it, it is plugged in and working. Otherwise, it’s probably not working. - Make sure you are in the augmented reality module. - Make sure you are clicking on the actual icon. The icon is on the back of your letter. It shows the letters PNP and a full circle in a white square at the centre of a black square. - Make sure you're not in the shade. Without sufficient light, the camera cannot capture the icon. If the room is too dark, turn on a light or lamp, or let in the daylight. - Make sure that the icon is visible to the camera. You can check by looking at the image captured by the camera. If the icon is not there, move the card in front of camera. - Make sure that the icon is close enough to the camera to distinguish the details. You can check this by looking at the image captured by the camera. If the icon is small and you cannot see the details, move the card closer to the camera. - Make sure that the icon is far enough from the camera to be captured in its entirety. You can check this by looking at the image captured by the camera. If you see only part of the icon on the screen, move the card back until you can see it entirely.
When will the video included with my interactive letter be available?
The premium PNP video included with the interactive letter will be available by mid-November 2012. You will find a web link in the interactive letter as well as a PIN code, which you will need to view your video.
I can’t make the interactive letter work. What should I do?
Make sure that your webcam is not being used by another program. Also make sure that your computer has Flash 9 or higher installed. You can download free Flash software here.
Can I scan the face of another child at the same time?
To maintain the magic effect of the letter, you should scan just the face of the child to whom the letter is addressed. Santa addresses only one recipient in his interactive letter.
Can I use the interactive letter on my tablet or a smart phone?
The features of the interactive letter are not supported by smart phones and tablets.
Where can I find my webcam properties?
WINDOWS 7 1 - Click the Start button on your Windows taskbar and then click Control Panel. 2 - Click on Device Manager in the control panel. Open the Device Manager and click on the + or arrow next to Imaging Devices to locate your webcam. If your webcam is not installed properly, the Imaging Devices section will be already open. 3 - Right-click on your webcam name and then choose Properties in the dialogue box that appears. The properties of your webcam will appear in a new dialogue box.
What is Santa’s Call?
Santa’s Call is a personalized phone call platform allowing Santa Claus himself to call your loved ones. With a call credit, you may choose among 14 different scenarios (congratulations, encouragement, night before Christmas, birthday, etc.) and personalize it with various elements such as the recipient’s name, age, gender and residence. Approx. duration of pre-recorded calls: 2 min.
How does it work?
When you purchase a call credit, you will be asked to verify if your country is in the list of available countries to call and you will then be invited to fill out personal elements for your call. Once the elements have been filled out and your credit purchase is processed, you will then receive an email with a link to Santa’s Call Center to setup the call. You may then choose a scenario, choose the country and enter in the phone number you wish to call. After confirming all information, you may then launch the call. The call is placed right away and will be received with an approx. delay of 15 seconds to 4 minutes (depending on call volume, calls may be delayed further).
What happens if my recipient is unable to answer?
It is always best to ensure that your recipient is ready to pickup the call (by letting them know ahead of time that a call is on the way). It is also important that once the call is answered, the recipient must PRESS 1 to connect to Santa upon the elf's invitation prompting the recipient to PRESS 1.
If the recipient does PRESS 1 and completes the call successfully, a credit is used.
If the recipient does PRESS 1 and disconnects prior to the call being completed, a credit is still used.
In the cases Santa is unable to reach the recipient, here are the details of how he will attempt the call again and the credits being used:
If the line is BUSY, Santa will attempt the call again with no credit being used until the user’s phone rings. If there is NO ANSWER or the recipient has answered however did not PRESS 1 to connect with Santa, (the case of an ANSWERING MACHINE as well), we will send you a notification email to re-verify/change the phone number and country called and allow you to attempt the call again. If there is still no answer or the user has still not pressed 1, we will send out another email to re-verify the call information. You have 3 attempts to verify and try the call again and after the third try a credit will be used.
Difference between number of credits and number of calls in process
The number of credits indicates the amount of new calls that are able to be made. The number of calls in process indicates the amount of calls being processed at a given time but still not completed (in the case of the recipient not answering or not pressing 1).
Why is my country or area code not available to be called?
While Santa does his best to call all around the world, there are unfortunately certain areas or specific area codes which he cannot reach. Here is a link to consult the list of countries available link to country list.
I’ve followed all the steps however my call still did not go through
Might be different technical problems, try again later. If you’ve followed all the necessary steps and the call did not go through, please contact our technical support team by clicking the following link.
Do you have a PNP mobile application?
Yes, every year since 2010 we have launched a new mobile iPNP application compatible with iPhone, iPod, iPad and Android. For a reasonable price, iPNP 2012 includes the premium video and lots of other exclusive iPNP surprises. Starting mid-November, you should be able to download it at Apple Store and Google Play by searching for iPNP.
What is the iPNP Mobile application?
The iPNP Mobile application complements the Portable North Pole Website.
You may create personalized Santa Claus Premium Videos with this application. The iPNP Mobile application offers other very interesting functions for kids such as, Santa’s Calls, advent calendar, Santa Claus' Radar and the Christmas Countdown.
Please note that the “Parents Corner” section (password secured) enables you to control all the sections on the child's side. It's for you to discover!
Click here to watch a video tutorial of the iPNP 2012 app.
Can I create PNP Videos from my Mobile iPNP application?
Absolutely! To do so, go to the Parents section, select the “Create Videos” icon and follow the form's creation steps. You will be able to view those iPNP created Videos and keep them. The Mobile iPNP offer enables you to create up to 15 free Premium Videos and 3 Santa’s calls. In the event you want to create more, you will be able to purchase them by the unit directly through this Mobile application.
What is the Radar and how can I use it?
The Christmas Radar enables you to locate Santa Claus' path all the way to the kids and to find out who was ... naughty or nice!
Once you have created a Video, go to the “Parents” section. You are offered a choice of information that you can make available to the child: make the Video available, make the Radar available (Available information: name, age, gift the child wants, and status on if they were naughty or nice). It is the information you have entered on the form when creating the Video. If you have ticked “Make them visible”, this information will become visible on Santa's Radar as well as the child's geolocation.
What is the Countdown and how can I use it?
The Christmas Countdown is a mobile version of the traditional Advent Calendar.
Visit the Countdown section each day from December 1st to the 25th to discover Santa's surprise Video message which will show the child which kind of day he had (there are 3 possible choices: very good, could be better or naughty) and how many days he has left before Christmas, enabling them to confirm or to better their situation.
During this period, from December 1st to the 25th, parents can manage the Countdown in the “Parents” section and select one of the typical Video messages of their choice that best represents how their child's day was. That's a nice opportunity for sending them a message!
What is the Santa’s calls and how can I use it?
Santa’s Call is a personalized phone call platform allowing Santa Claus himself (pre-recorded message) to call your loved ones. With a call credit, you may choose among 14 different scenarios (congratulations, encouragement, night before Christmas, birthday, etc.) and personalize it with various elements such as the recipient’s name, age, gender and residence. Approx. duration of pre-recorded calls: 2 min.
How can I get this iPNP Mobile application?
To purchase this application, with your compatible Apple or Android device search for iPNP in the Appstore or Google Play market or click on the appropriate link for your device and follow the instructions you'll find:
https://market.android.com/?hl=en - Available soon !
http://www.apple.com/ca/itunes/ - Available soon !
- How can I check the status of my order?
- Can I cancel or modify my order?
- I cannot complete my order.
- Do I have to pay sales taxes when I buy a personalized PNP product (book, puzzle, letter or any other product from Portable North Pole) via the web-site?
- How can I use the discount code you sent me by email or that I found online or on social networks during one of your promotions?
- Can I combine a discount code with any other promotion?
- My discount code doesn’t work.
How can I check the status of my order?
When you have completed your purchase at the PNP store, you will receive an email containing the order number and a link to access the details of your order status.
Can I cancel or modify my order?
Until your order is confirmed by payment, you can change or cancel your order. Once the order is confirmed, however, it is sent to the team of elves at the PNP store who immediately start to prepare it. At this point, we are unable to cancel or modify your order.
I cannot complete my order.
Click here to contact the PNP elves, making sure you describe and categorize your problem carefully. The elves will answer all your questions!
Do I have to pay sales taxes when I buy a personalized PNP product (book, puzzle, letter or any other product from Portable North Pole) via the web-site?
Sales taxes based on your shipping address are applied based on tax laws wherever applicable.
How can I use the discount code you sent me by email or that I found online or on social networks during one of your promotions?
If you want to use one of these promotional codes when ordering, simply enter it in the appropriate location when you have finished adding products to your online shopping cart. The discount will be applied automatically.
Can I combine a discount code with any other promotion?
You cannot combine the discount codes with other discounts or promotions.
My discount code doesn’t work.
Check that the discount code and validation period are valid for the product you have selected. If they are valid and you are still having problems using it, please contact our elves by clicking here
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept two different modes of payment:
1. Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard)
2. PayPal, which is a recognized online payment service. All data supplied to PayPal are securely encrypted. If you choose to pay via PayPal, you will be offered additional options (if you create a new PayPal account). Options include bank account payments and additional credit cards, depending on your location.
At what point in the purchasing process is my credit card charged?
There are two steps in the process: authorization and charge. The first step ensures that funds are available for your purchase. This occurs when you enter your credit card number on the payment page of our PNP website. At this point, no charges are made. Your card is actually charged only when you click on the “Send My Order” button on the order confirmation page and the message “Your purchase is complete” appears.
How do I enter my credit card number when I am checking out my order?
Please enter your card number with numbers only; don't include spaces.
Can I pay for my purchase after I have received it?
Because our products are personalized for the child you choose, we require payment in advance, like most online orders. You can understand that once a book, puzzle or Santa Claus letter is produced, it cannot be sold to someone else if you change your mind or discover you have made an error in the information supplied.
What currencies do you accept?
American customers will be charged in US dollars, Canadian customers will be charged in Canadian dollars, European customers will be charged in euros and United Kingdom customers will be charged in pounds sterling. All other customers will be charged as displayed.
What do I do if my transaction is refused?
Contact your credit card company or PayPal, depending on which payment service you used.
- Why was my PNP video not delivered?
- Why didn't the person I sent my PNP video to receive it?
- Which shipping method do you use?
- Do I need to be at home to receive my package?
- May I send my order directly to the child's home?
- How long will it take for my order to be completed?
- Can I receive my order faster, in less than the normal 3-week period?
- Can I ship my order anywhere in the world?
- What are your shipping charges?
- What should I do if I do not receive my package after 3 weeks?
Why was my PNP video not delivered?
Around mid-November, you will receive an email at the address you gave us containing a direct link to the PNP video. Make sure to check your junk mail or spam folders. To find out how to check your junk mail or spam folder, please click here.
Why didn't the person I sent my PNP video to receive it?
No 2012 videos can be viewed until mid-November 2012.
Which shipping method do you use?
The PNP elves usually use regular mail services (US Postal Mail in the United States, Royal Mail in the United Kingdom, etc.), as well as shipping companies such as Fedex
Do I need to be at home to receive my package?
In some cases, a special courier (Canada Post, UPS or other) will bring the package to your home. If you are not available at that time, the package will be sent to your regular post office or the courier's office and a note will be left in your mailbox explaining how you can claim your package. In some cases, the package may be left at your door.
May I send my order directly to the child's home?
Yes, you can choose the address where you want your order to be shipped.
How long will it take for my order to be completed?
On receipt of your order, the PNP elves need about 1 to 3 weeks to complete and ship it to you with standard processing and shipping. For orders outside of North America or Western Europe, delivery time varies by destination. Faster delivery might be available on the site.
Can I receive my order faster, in less than the normal 3-week period?
Most orders destined for the United States or Western Europe should be delivered within 10 business days. In certain cases, faster methods of delivery might be available on the site. Please refer to our delivery time listings for specific information based on your shipping address.
Can I ship my order anywhere in the world?
Regular shipping is available for local and most international destinations at a reasonable cost. Express shipping may be available for certain destinations.
What are your shipping charges?
When you are placing your order, you will be able to see the prices for the various shipping options, based on country of destination and products selected.
What should I do if I do not receive my package after 3 weeks?
Orders are rarely received more than 3 weeks after the order is placed. If you do not receive your package 3 weeks after ordering, please contact the PNP elves by clicking here. They will ensure that the problem is resolved. Please have your confirmation number on hand when you contact the elves.
What is your policy for returns and refunds?
We guarantee the satisfaction of our products. For additional information about legal requirements, please see our returns and refunds policy page by clicking here. When you receive your order or gift, please check your items to make sure they are not damaged and that they were personalized according to your choices. If you are not satisfied with your products, please contact us for an exchange or a refund (of the cost of the product excluding shipping charges). Merchandise may be returned up to 30 days after receipt. Merchandise that is damaged on receipt may also be returned within 30 days. Before processing a return, please contact us by clicking here..
How do I enable cookies in my browser?
Websites store cookies on your computer to facilitate transactions with the site. In most cases, cookies are harmless and are used by many websites around the world. For some websites, you must allow cookies to be accepted in order to use the site.
For Internet Explorer 9 1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Click on the gear-wheel icon at the top right of the browser window.
3. Click "Internet Options".
4. Change to the "Privacy" tab.
5. You now have two options depending on how much you want to restrict cookies:
Automatic cookie handling
Set the slider to "Medium".
This should be enough to enable cookies on the PNP website. It is also recommended that you add PNP to your Sites list. To do this, click Sites, enter the PNP URL in the Address of website box.
6. Click "Allow".
7. Click "OK".
8. Click "OK" and close down the Internet Options window.
For Internet Explorer 8
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Click on the Tools button and choose Internet Options
3. Choose the Privacy tab
4. Click on the Advanced button
5. Tick Override automatic cookie handling
6. Choose Accept or Prompt for first party and third party cookies.
7. Click OK
8. Click OK and close the Internet Options window
For Internet Explorer 7
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Click on the Tools button and choose Internet Options
3. Choose the Privacy tab
4. Click on the Sites button
5. Click on the Advanced button
6. Tick Override automatic cookie handling
7. Choose Accept or Prompt for first party and third party cookies.
8. Click OK
9. Click OK and close the Internet Options window
1. Open Safari
2. Click on Safari on the toolbar
3. Choose Preferences 4. Click on the Security button
5. Under the Accept cookies section select “Only from sites I visit”
6. Exit preferences
1. Open Firefox
2. Click on the Tools menu and select Options
3. Select the Privacy tab and tick the box next to “Accept cookies from sites”
4. Click on OK
For Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome
2. Click on the Tools menu and select Settings. Click Show advanced settings.
3. In the Privacy section, click the Content settings button.
4. In the Cookies section, click the radio button next to Allow local data to be set (recommended).
5. Click on OK
How can I clear my browser's cache?
To clear your cache, follow the steps below:
In Internet Explorer 9, click on the "gear" icon, located in the upper right hand corner of your IE9 window. From the drop-down menu select Internet Options. On the General tab find the section labeled “Browsing history” and click the button labeled Delete. In the Delete Browsing History window tick the box labeled Temporary Internet Files. Click the Delete button. Click OK. Now, close Internet Explorer and reopen it.
In Internet Explorer 8, on the top toolbar, choose “Tools” and then “Internet Options”. Under the “General” tab, choose “Delete…” from “Browsing History”, then choose “Delete files...”.
In Internet Explorer 7, on the top toolbar, choose “Tools” and then “Internet Options”. Under the “General” tab, choose “Delete…” from “Browsing History”, then choose “Delete files...”.
In Mozilla Firefox for Windows, on the top toolbar, choose “Tools”, and then “Options” in the drop-down menu. Click on the “Privacy” icon at the top, and then under the “Cache” tab click on the “Clear Cache Now” button.
In Mozilla Firefox for Mac OS X, from the Tools menu, choose “Clear Recent History”. Then from the “Time range to clear: drop-down menu”, choose the desired range; to clear your entire cache, choose “Everything”. Click the down arrow next to "Details" to choose which items to clear. Click “Clear Now”.
In Safari, click on the “Settings” button, click on “Reset Safari”, then tick “Empty the Cache”.
In Google Chrome, click the Chrome menu at the top right of the browser bar. Select Tools from the drop-down menu and then select Clear browsing data. In the dialogue box that appears, choose the items you want to clear (e.g., Clear browsing history, Clear download history, Empty the cache, Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data). You can choose the period of time for which you want to clear cached information in the “Obliterate the following items from: drop-down menu”. To clear your entire cache, select the beginning of time. Click Clear browsing data.
How can I clear my browser's cookies?
In Internet Explorer 9, choose Tools on the top toolbar and then Internet Options. Under "Browsing History," click Delete... Place a check in the Temporary Internet Files and Cookies checkboxes. Click Delete at the bottom of the pop-up window. Close and restart your browser.
In Internet Explorer 8, choose “Tools” on the top toolbar and then “Internet Options”. Under the “General” tab, choose “Delete…” from “Browsing History”, then choose “Delete cookies...”.
In Internet Explorer 7, choose “Tools” on the top toolbar and then “Internet Options”. Under the “General” tab, choose “Delete…” from “Browsing History”, then choose “Delete cookies...”.
In Mozilla Firefox, choose “Tools” on the top toolbar, and then “Options” in the drop-down menu. Click on the “Privacy” icon at the top, and then under the “Cookies” tab click on the “Clear Cookies Now” button.
In Apple Safari browser, click on the “Settings” button, click on “Reset Safari”, then tick “‘Remove all Cookies”.
In Google Chrome, click the Chrome menu at the top right of the browser bar. Select Tools. Select Clear browsing data. In the dialogue box, tick the boxes next to the information you wish to delete. Use the Obliterate the following items from drop-down menu at the top of the dialogue box to select the quantity of data to delete. Select the beginning of time to delete all items. Click Clear browsing data.
For Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and then Internet Options
2. Select the Security tab, and select the Custom Level button
3. Scroll down to Scripting of Java applets
4. Make sure the Enable radio button is checked
5. Click OK to save your preference
For Mozilla Firefox
1. Start Firefox or restart it if it is already running
2. At the top of the browser, select the Firefox button (or Tools menu in Windows XP), then Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
3. In the Add-ons Manager tab, select Plugins
4. Click Java (TM) Platform plugin to select it
5. Click on the Enable button (if the button says Disable, Java is already enabled)
For Apple Safari (1.0)
1. Select 'Safari' from the top menu
2. Choose 'Preferences'
3. Choose 'Security'
For Google Chrome
1. Click on the wrench icon and then select Options.
2. Select Under the Hood and then Privacy Content Settings. The Content Settings panel will appear.
3. In the Plug-ins section, select the Disable individual plug-ins link to check whether Java is enabled
4. Click on the Enable link (if the Disable link appears, Java is already enabled)
How do I check and change my keyboard language setting?
Change the system locale to the language of your choice using these instructions.
For Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
Note: You must be logged in with an account that has Administrative Privileges.
1. Click Start > Control Panel.
2. For Windows 7 and Vista: Click Clock, Language and Region > Region and Language.
For Windows XP: Double click the Regional and Language Options icon.
The Regional and Language Options dialog box appears.
3. For Windows 7: Click the Administrative tab.
For Windows XP and Vista: Click the Advanced tab. (If there is no Advanced tab, then you are not logged in with administrative privileges.)
4. Under the Language for non-Unicode programs section, select the desired language from the drop down menu.
5. Click OK.
The system displays a dialog box asking whether to use existing files or to install from the operating system CD. Ensure that you have the CD ready.
6. Follow the guided instructions to install the files.
7. Restart the computer after the installation is complete.
For OS MAC
1. Click the "System Preference" icon in the Dock or click the Apple icon and click "System Preferences."
2. Click "Language and Text," then the "Input Sources" tab.
3. Check the language or languages that you want available for keyboard layouts. If you check multiple check boxes, click "Show Input Menu in Menu Bar" to make all languages you have selected available when you click the "Flag" icon in the menu bar at the top of the screen. For example, if the U.S. flag is displayed, you can click it and select another keyboard language from the drop-down menu.
How do I check or download Macromedia Flash 10 free of charge?
If you wish to install Flash or if you are being asked to reinstall Flash to solve problems, you must take the following steps:
Install Flash. You may now proceed to install or reinstall the latest version of Flash from the following site: http://get.adobe.com/fr/flashplayer/
Please note that the installation instructions are slightly different for Windows and Internet Explorer compared to Firefox and Chrome because Internet Explorer uses Active X controls.
NOTE: PNP does not accept any responsibility regarding downloads affecting the Windows registry. Please take care when downloading software from the Internet or when attempting to repair the registry yourself.
How do I download the latest versions of Internet browsers?
Please use the following links:
For Google Chrome: http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?answer=95414
For Mozilla Firefox: http://www.getfirefox.com/
For Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/downloads/ie
For Apple Safari: http://www.apple.com/safari/download/
How do I download Quick Time or Media Player?
How can I check my spam / junk e-mail folder?
Spam filters have had to get tough to combat spammers. Across the web, non-spam emails are regularly routed into spam folders instead of being delivered. To fight spam, most email services have built-in spam filtering programs. The problem is that now many important emails are being sent to the junk or bulk mail folder or, worse, being rejected outright. This is a widespread problem on the Internet.
How can you prevent PNP emails from being rejected or undelivered?
1. When an inquiry is filtered into your spam folder, click “Not Spam” to notify your e-mail service of the error.
2. Add the PNP domain to your safe sender's list.
3. Check your bulk or junk mail folders periodically.
Here's how to proceed with the different vendors:
For Outlook: 1. Click on “Tools”. 2. Then click on “Unwanted Mail” then “Approved List only” Tab. 3. Go to the “Approved Senders” Tab. 4. Now insert PNP's email address. 5. And click on OK. 5. Click on OK a second time.
For MSN Hotmail: 1. Click on “Options”. 2. On the left of the page, Click on “Mail” and then on “Preventing Unwanted Mail”. 3. Click on “Authorized Distribution List”. 4. Insert PNP's email address. 5. Click on “Add”.
For Windows Live Hotmail: 1. Click on “Options”. 2. Click on “Other Options”. 3. Click on “Unwanted Mail”. 4. Click on “Authorized and Blocked Senders”. 5. Click on “Authorized Senders”. 6. Insert PNP's email address. 7. Finally, click on “Add to list”.
For Yahoo!: 1. Click on the “Spam” link on the left side of the page. 2. Find PNP's e-mail. 3. Tick the corresponding square and click “Not Spam”.
For AOL: Insert PNP's electronic address in your address book or your list of authorized senders. 1. Click on “Anti-Spam Filter” at the bottom of your Inbox screen. 2. When “E-mail and Anti-Spam Filter” appears, click on the “Authorized Senders List” link. 3. Choose the option “Authorize the e-mails of...”. 4. Add PNP's email address and click on “Add” and then on “Save”.
For Gmail: 1. Click on “Contacts” on the left of any Gmail page. 2. Click on “Add to my Contacts”. 3. In the space for the electronic address, enter PNP's address. 4. Click on “Save”.
For EarthLink: Enter PNP's email address in your address book. 1. Click on the Suspect emails folder on the left of the page. This folder contains all the emails that EarthLink interprets as spam and deletes them based on your preferences. 2. If you see a message with PNP's email address, choose the Move to the Inbox option and add this contact from the drop-down menu.
Is your PNP site secure and how do you guarantee the privacy of the information provided?
We use industry standard technology for secure commercial transactions. Our security protocol encrypts all your personal information such as name, address and credit card number so that it is unreadable. We make sure that all transactions requiring your credit card number and your personal information are secure and encrypted.
Can your PNP videos infect my computer with a virus?
All videos sent from PNP’s website are kept on the PNP servers. The presence of a virus is nearly impossible since your PNP video comes directly from our servers. If your video is not sent from our servers, there is a risk comparable to any email received with an attached file. Although you do not need to install software to send or receive videos from our website, we recommend that you install the Flash application to access the video content. You may install or reinstall the latest version of Flash from this website: http://get.adobe.com/fr/flashplayer/.
Who sent me a PNP video and how can I view it safely?
Unfortunately, it is impossible to establish exactly who sent a PNP video (there would be no way to guarantee the sender's identity even if the sender were asked to complete a field to this effect). We are aware of the possibility of malicious activity via erroneous video notifications. As a precautionary measure, we offer the following recommendations:
1. There isn't really much risk in simply opening an email, but you should be cautious regarding any links it may contain.
2. When in doubt about the source of an email, don't open it. If you open it, don't click on any links it contains.
3. The person who sent the video is usually identifiable, in the subject line , for example. If you do not recognize the sender, be cautious. Be particularly vigilant if the subject line is impersonal.
4. If you believe you have received a fraudulent email video claiming to originate from PNP, please send it to our Customer Service security team by clicking here. Your email will help us fight spam and phishing attempts.
A few extra recommendations for further protection:
1. Make sure you always use the latest version of your browser so it can check fraudulent websites as you browse.
2. Add our address to your list of known senders so that you do receive video messages that are actually meant for you. This does not guarantee that you will never receive any hoax videos.
Will you divulge my personal information?
What are your policies?
Who are you?
UgroupMedia is a company that specializes in developing and rolling out novel video personalization solutions for the web. Thanks to our “U” technology platform, we can offer our customers made-to-measure personalized video concepts, set up in real time using user choices or existing customer profiles. In only a few years, the joint work of UGM and Santa Claus' elf engineering team led to the launch of the Portable North Pole console and its subsequent runaway success! Users just have to answer a few questions and provide pictures in order for Santa to prepare a unique and personalized video message for them. The success of the Portable North Pole operation has demonstrated the scope of UgroupMedia’s expertise. Additional information is available http://www.portablenorthpole.com/home.
Whom can I contact for assistance?
If you do not find an answer to your question in our FAQ, you can contact the PNP elves by clicking here. The more information you provide, the easier it is for them to help you. Our policy is to respond to your requests within 48hrs, but in some cases, it might take longer because of a high volume of requests (thank you for your understanding). In the meantime, you can always refer to our FAQ which we expand every year to serve you as effectively as possible.